THE CENTRAL ADVENTURE

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Anniversary Number Two

This weekend Alex came up to visit me for our second year anniversary. Our first date was to a corn maze and so every year we go to a corn maze to re-live that date. This year however, we couldn't go to the corn maze we've gone to the last two years because I'm up at Central. So we used to Google and found one in Ellensburg to explore, called Harvestfest.

Our day was filled with much more than just a corn maze. We happened to go on family day and so the farm was filled with little kids, and little kids activities. This also meant all adults got in for free and so had an almost free date.

One of the activities they offered was face painting. I know I'm 18, but there is nothing better than acting like a kid.



There were scarecrows all over the farm. We had fun taking pictures of them because they were all creative.


One of the things that also happened every half hour was a potato-sack race. It was so fun watching the little kids having a ball and just being kids.


There were also signs all over the place and some of them where funny.








Finally we got to the corn maze. Compared to the corn maze in Kent this one was kind of whimpy. The corn stocks were short and the path was tiny, but it was still nice to be able to go on out date.









There was also a petting zoo! They had some two turkeys, a goat, and two baby chickens.



The baby chicken started crawling into Alex's shirt. It was super funny.





There were a couple picture boards in the park as well, and so naturally we did those as well...





We stopped by the gift shop to buy our pumpkins and I found this cute little plastic pumpkin. It reminds me of something out of Nightmare Before Christmas.



The presents:

This year Alex gave me the sweetest presents in the world. He bought me the first season of Modern Family and the spider nano bug. However, he also made me a comic book about the first time we met, our first date, how he asked me out, and about the first time we kissed. It was the best gift ever because the whole thing was done by hand.



My gift to Alex wasn't as grand. I got him a Zen Garden from the thrift store. But I also ordered him a pair of boxers. The back of them says, "Property of Jessi Cheney" and the front has our hand heart. I also ordered myself a pair of underwear that says "Property of Alex Sheets" with the hand heart of the front. Sadly, they didn't get here in time. However when they do I will post a picture of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment