THE CENTRAL ADVENTURE

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend At Oma and Opa's

So my blog isn't going super good. I never use it. Once again, I'm going to try and get better at it (let's see how this attempt works out).

During the summer Alex and I went to visit his Oma and Opa. While we were there we went on a couple hikes where all the pictures come from.


These first two pictures are right before we started out hike at Staircase. We didn't get very far because we kept going off the path to all these cool places. There was a lot to explore.



The first time we went off the path was to look at this gigantic tree that had fallen over. We got to climb inside. Alex was having fun at the tree and we stayed here for a while.


Inside the tree.



Alex wanted me to take a picture of what he was crawling into before he explored.



Chipmunk Alex!


Not only did Alex climb inside the tree, but he climbed all over the outside too.



Another distraction. The river was super pretty, there were a lot of birds flying around too.


Also tree huger Alex.


Stop number three was to this gigantic rock that (if it was warmer) could jump off into crystal clear water.


Also at stop three, if you followedthe gigantic rock down the was this log and you could walk to this other gigantic rock.


I thought the dead tree and the water was cool.



Stop number four! We couldn't go out any farther than this without risking falling in the water, but the mini water falls were cool.


Going back to the trail from stop four.


Stop five! I thought this tree was amazing and so i decided to climb it.


Alex found a frog!


Isn't this just the coolest trail to walk on?


Stop six. Alex wanted to be a jungle man.

With all of our stops and our time limit, we only got about a mile (if even) out. the whole trail was three miles. Even though we didn't finish the whole thing it was fun, and super awesome scenery. Next year we are going to make a longer time limit in order to make sure we get the whole trail in!


After our Staircase hike Opa and Oma took us to see the Dam and to some other local spots. It was fun.

The next day


I've never really shot anything in my life and so this was a super fun experience for me. The first gun Alex let me shot was the 22. It had a small kick back and I loved this gun! I mostly shot this one because it didn't scare me.


The other gun we shot this day was a 45 pistol. I only shot it twice (video below) and I didn't like it. the kick back was way bigger than the 22 and it scared me because I thought I was going to hurt either myself or Alex.



That night we went up to Mount Walker where there is a 360 degree view (from two different view points). On the other view point you can actually see Seattle, but I don't have a picture of it because right after I took the picture below my camera accidentally slipped out of my pocket and the lens broke.


The next morning, Alex and I went on a drive up the mountains. He took the shotgun with us in case we saw any grouse. He didn't. However the drive was super pretty (wish i could have gotten pictures) and even though there was nothing to shot at, Alex let me take a shot with the shotgun. Scary! I knew the kick back was going to be worse than the 45, but after seeing Alex shoot (who is completely use to it and it didn't even move him) I let myself believe it wasn't going to be bad at all....bud mistake! Even though it's awesome I can brag about shooting a shotgun, it scared me super bad and next time I"m going to have to muster up the courage because of how much it scared me the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment